Thursday, February 21, 2013

Um, wow?

I'm sitting in my dorm room at orientation in South Korea. *big breath* howmuchcanisayrealfast?

I will save the "how I made it to Korea" story for later. It's long and I like telling it. Ha.

Today was the first full day of classes and so yeah. Ho boy. I go back and forth between "I can do this" and "Hmm. Yeah? What did I get myself into?"

The food is great. Kimchi is something I've missed eating - though I will admit I've had kimchi at every meal except breakfast.. 4 meals total. It's not like french fries - the food I can eat every. single. day. and not get tired of it. But that's alright. I hear Koreans can and do eat kimchi every day.

The school we're staying at is pretty big. It's much bigger than my alma mater. 12,000 students.

Cool story - My roommate got in last night and was looking through her storage/cabinets here. She goes "There's a Bible in here." And I said "In Korean?"  "Yeah." OOHH. So I have it sitting near the head of my bed. It's a bilingual New Testament and Psalms. So I think I will be learning the psalms in Korean. :D

We did taekwondo class today. I'm beat. I hate to admit it, but I'm like Gimli the dwarf - "a good runner, but only fast over short distances". I have no stamina, at least not for exercise. But after failing miserably at counting reps while doing jumping jacks &etc I really got into some of the other stuff. The stretches and warm up for it are intense. The taekwondo team and coach here are impressive. *_*
I want to try to do some of the exercises from now on.

Oh. I met another girl from Pittsburgh. I wore my Pittsburgh Penguins shirt today and she looked at it and goes "How come you're wearing that?" She herself was wearing black with gold accents. Pretty dang awesome.

I have Korean lv 2 class in 17 minutes so I should get ready now. (it's just after 7pm) Just a little more til I can sleep and get up to learn more stuffs!

4 comments:

  1. ...you go girl....we love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad shared your blog site. Glad to hear about the Bible and that you met someone from Pittsburgh. I know you will do well teaching classes. I'll tell the girls about your blog. Maybe they already know. Dad's the last to know anything. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know she's from Pittsburgh when she asks, "how come?" :)

    ReplyDelete