Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekend of the 30th

A pictorial review of my weekend. Well, half of it.
The view from the "front" of my building. I took this from Jongsoo's window. He got the nice view. 
Down the street (just to the right of the above). I was waiting for my friend Tian to call to say she was ready to go to Cheongju. 

The mountains just across the way. So pretty. I can stand and look at them for minutes. 
Jongsoo playing video games while I look at the mountain. 
I'm such a nice girlfriend. :P

From the bus. 
Me and Tian riding the bus to Cheongju. It's too easy to fall asleep on a bus ride. It's like 40 minutes to Cheongju from Jeungpyeong. 
I took some random pictures in Cheongju's downtown. Enjoy. Oh yes, the above picture has an orange moose on a sign. It's above the girl in pink/white. (Women of the Moose, heck yes! (inside joke))
Waiting to cross the street. 
My shoulder there on the right. 
Street vendors
I bought a cute short skirt on this outing. It was Easter Sunday, by the bye. 
Sugar glazed strawberries from a cart. They look like they're glassy or something. It's super thick, sweet syrupy sugar coating them. They were cold, but very delicious. 
They had a ton of Sanrio ish stuff. *_*
Funny looking bridge.
Everyone - this is Ttong bbang - poop bread. YES. That is a poop shaped bread. It's like a waffle with a creamy filling. This one had a caramel peanut filling. It's a bit like a pudding. Mmm. Very yummy. It also comes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, vanilla corn and red bean paste. 
Another moose sign. 
Angel in us Coffee. The "World's Best Coffee". I got an Americano. I guess Koreans pronounce it more like "Angelina's Coffee" - this is a bit of a running joke amidst my friends, other English teachers. 
That was our Easter outing. A little makeup, lots of yummy food, one or two things on sale, and lots of walking. Can't go wrong if it ends with some coffee. The bus ride back was tiring though. It's always packed with people, and you have to get up/give up your seat for the older people. But we made it home. 

4 comments:

  1. Are the strawberries kind of like a candy apple?? *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those strawberries look amazing! And as a Woman of the Moose, I appreciate all of the moose photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, are there any moose living in the wild in Korea? I like the mountains too.

    ReplyDelete