Sunday, November 23, 2014

Confession

You probably already know this if you know me.

I really, really (have always) love(d) boy bands. So when my friend Jess popped up asking if I wanted to go to a Boys Republic fansigning event - there was no question. YES.

I briefly saw them back in July when I went with Jess to an Inkigayo filming, so I already knew these boys are really kind to their fans. It's true.

(HUGE thank you to Jess and Jeff who make my fangirlish dreams possible. you guys read the korean and tell me what to do. i'm a terribly lazy fan. i need to fix that!)

I left for Seoul right after work, got stuck in awful traffic, had one metro train stop and tell everyone to get off the train, got to the right station but couldn't find the bookstore (Jonggak exit 5-6 is like... randomly placed and out of numerical order fyi). I ended up being 30 minutes late. >.<' I missed 30 minutes of awesome.

To go to fan events, there are certain things you have to do or buy. This fan signing you needed their latest mini album and a numbered ticket (like your ticket for a que). The album had to be bought at a specific store. Jess has friends in Seoul, so Suzie bought us all the album. (she's awesome) I got #60. :D

Once I managed to find my friends, I just sat and could barely say much. I was exhausted from over-heated buses and trains, but also now surrounded by a small group of fans and just something I've never experienced before. (don't get me wrong, i've gotten autographs from other musicians in the states, but this is a completely different experience)


I was in the face of absolute cuteness. 
In between signing, the boys would wave or talk to people in the crowd. 

Like make hearts or funny faces. (and when you get their signatures (signs, as we in Korea say) they talk to you a little, and you'll notice the guy on the right (SunWoo!) there is holding hands with the fan. yeah. they fearlessly hold our hands.)

They're incredibly charming.


I was reaaaallly nervous getting their signatures. What do I do? What do I say? My Korean failed me a bit. All of the other fans were more prepared than me. 

Not 100% sure... but I think that stuffed banana was a present from a fan? It had a cute face on it.

Fans have their cds open, and little post it notes lining the photo book. Each little tab has a member's name - for where they want him to sign. And on that page you can stick a post-it with a question to that member. So they can write an answer.
I was so poorly prepared. (i had only just gotten the cd 15 minutes prior.. in my defense, but still.. like... If I'd been collected, I could have quickly written up what I wanted to ask. I must buy adorable post-its just for this. Alas. I will have to go again! (heh no alas in that statement. it's really exciting.))

After I got home I realized I could have - and should have - taken my drawing and given it to them. >.< I guess I should color it and do that. (and/or do a new drawing)

I mean, just look at that. Cute. (i'm sorry these pictures are not crisp, clear, or close. i really am missing my camera. ever since the power cord died. for a long time i told myself the iphone camera was fine. and in most situations it is. but indoor lighting and back lighting are just not its fortes.) 

I should say before I forget... 
When I got their signs... Minsu was cute, asked where I was from (redish hair). SungJun (middle of hug guy) talked to me the most, asked if this was my first meeting and asked where I was from, how long I'd been in Korea, and told me my Korean was good (i'm so proud. i want to get better!). SungJun wrote "Be careful not to get a cold!" and read it to me. I gave him a sad look and said I already had a cold. He said he did too, and offered me his hand to shake. We had a moment sharing similar sufferings. SuWoong asked where I was from and I think with all of them I was like "yeah I came with Jeff and Jess". OneJunn was nice. He asked if it was my first time, where I was from, and wrote that I should go to more fan meetings. I forgot to wish him a happy birthday. I'm terrible. SunWoo actually greeted me in English. (oh yes, each one of them tried saying my name. that was fun! I think SuWoong and OneJunn did best at saying it) He shook my hand too. Uwah. He's charming. 

I was superfluously dazzled. I admit. I am a fangirl in my heart. Probably always will be. 

1 comment: